We invite you to write with us! Please send in a story through the ‘Contact‘ page, and if approved, it will be published. If you keep sending us great content you will be invited to become a regular columnist.
What to write about?
Anything alternative news related. This can be past, current, or future affairs. Think international relations, political theory, or alternative health as a starting point — the world is your oyster.
How to write it?
It could be straight to the point, or a more lengthy piece. Any kind of article or delivery is allowed, whether that is exclusively, or a combination of the following forms:
- Opinion piece: perspective, opinion, and commentary.
- Original research: your own findings, please list sources.
- Review: balancing up the pros and cons, coming to a conclusion.
- Essay: more long-winded, deeper analysis.
- Human Interest: Many feature stories focus on an issue as it impacts people. They often focus on one person or a group of people.
- Profile: This feature type focuses on a specific individual’s character or lifestyle. This type is intended to help the reader feel like they’ve gotten a window into someone’s life.
- Instructional: How-to articles teach readers how to do something. Oftentimes, the writer will write about their own journey to learn a task.
- Historical: Features that honor historical events or developments are quite common. They are also useful in juxtaposing the past and the present, helping to root the reader in a shared history.
- Seasonal: Some articles are perfect for writing about in certain times of year.
- Behind the Scenes: These features give readers insight into an unusual process, issue or event. It can introduce them to something that is typically not open to the public or publicized.
Apply by clicking here