Have you ever heard the classic line “there must be something in the water”?
Well, there actually is something in the water — most Western tap water is a toxic chemical cocktail, and it’s killing us softly.
Why should you care about water quality?
Water is incredibly important to the human body. The average adult human body is 55-60% water. A baby’s body is closer to 75% Two crucial organs in the body, the brain and the lungs, are 70% and 90% water respectively. For this reason, the quality of the water you drink greatly impacts your overall health.
Why poison the water? — Special interests and population control.
Despite incontrovertible evidence detailing the negative health risks associated with consuming harmful toxins like arsenic, fluoride and chlorine, many Western governments continue to allow their presence in most tap water.
In the USA, the Safe Drinking Water Act only regulates 91 potential water contaminants. Yet there are more than 60,000 chemicals used within the US, many of which have been identified as probable carcinogens. According to some estimates, there are now more than 2,100 known chemical toxins present in US tap water. Additionally, many municipalities transport their water in antiquated, corroded pipes, which may leach toxic heavy metals into the water after it has been treated.
It’s important to realize that the big barriers to water safety include corporations that have a serious and well-funded interest in maintaining the status quo.
For example, certain industries make lots of money through selling industrial byproduct chemicals like fluoride and chlorine (which are expensive to dispose of otherwise) to water companies to be used in the mandated ‘purification’ process.
Because of these vested interests, these big influential companies are willing to fight anyone to keep their chemicals in a positive light, even if this contradicts facts.
Unfortunately, these corporate lobbyists usually get their way, and harmful chemicals like these are kept in our water:
- Liquified chlorine
- Fluorosilicic acid
- Aluminium sulphate
- Calcium hydroxide
- Sodium silicofluoride
Toxic tap water is also serves as a useful tool for population control.
By leaving these chemicals in the water supply and ignoring or covering up the scientific evidence, the deep state can keep the population chemically suppressed, which benefits them and their agenda.
If you knew what was in tap water you would never drink it again.
To those who say “everything in moderation”, and it “won’t kill you”, these chemicals will not kill you outright — but the diseases they create down the line, such as cancer, will.
The doctor may tell you at the diagnosis that it was just “bad luck”, but that’s what they’ve been taught to say; all illness it rooted in cause and effect, regardless of whether you choose to believe that or not.
Exposure to these toxic chemicals also lowers your overall quality of life, making you sluggish, depressed, and more prone to common and severe illnesses.
Can you now see how the chemical domino effect racks up a significant affront to your health and general wellbeing?
UK tap water is generally of poor quality.
Most of the alternative media focuses on US tap water, which is of terrible quality, but if we shift our focus to the UK we find that the water over here is nearly just as bad.
Over 300 different man-made chemicals have now been detected in British tap water. Water companies only test for around 20 of these chemicals, yes, really. These twenty chemicals are all present in varying amounts for example DDT, Simazine, Atrazine, and 3,4 Benz pyrene, (weed killers).
I can go on and on here, a recent study by Brunel University showed levels of benzotriazole and tolytriazole in UK tap water – these chemicals are found in dishwasher tablets and are used to make our cutlery shiny, yet are finding their way into our water supply.
Studies have also revealed that high levels of the female hormone estrogen contaminate water supplies as it returns to our waterways from the millions of women on the contraceptive pill or HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and also from contamination from some industrial chemicals. As estrogen is not filtered out on a large scale anyone drinking water straight from the tap without a water filtration system is in essence consuming small quantities of the estrogen hormone, this will destroy masculinity, an essential biochemical-reliant energy that helps support and drive society.
One of the biggest issues currently being researched around the estrogen levels in tap water is it’s link to male fertility problems, it is thought the levels of estrogen found in tap water lead to testicular dysgenesis syndrome and fertility issues.
The Environment Agency also recently revealed research showing large quantities of male fish in rivers and waterways are actually changing sex – all because of the high estrogen levels being found in water.
Next up comes fluoride.
Fluoride is added to around 10% of the UK’s water supply, its purpose is to help ‘prevent dental decay’ (no proof this is the case).
The thyroid gland is particularly affected by fluoride exposure because its store of iodine is depleted. Lack of iodine depresses the thyroid’s metabolic and immune functions by shutting down production of thyroxine, the thyroid prohormone that controls metabolism resulting in hypothyroidism and lowered immunity.
The resulting hypothyroidism causes weight gain, cold intolerance, dry and prematurely aged skin, depression, constipation, hair loss, memory loss, irritability, increased cholesterol levels, heart disease and loss of libido.
Industrial Sodium Fluoride is also a potent neurotoxin, and is linked to brain damage.
Isn’t it any wonder the fluoridation of water is banned in all other European countries?
Research by Birmingham University showed that the “chlorination” process that tap water goes through to kill germs and dangerous bacteria could be a problem for pregnant women.
Researchers found that chemicals formed during chlorination called trihalomethanes, or THM for short were found to affect pregnant women more and cause a higher incidence of three birth defects (hole-in-the-heart defect, cleft palate or anencephalus) very scary stuff indeed.
All of the above reasons are the reasons why I suggest you drink a reliable brand of bottled water rather than tap water.
Or alternatively, filter your tap water, or source clean water from elsewhere.
For more information, I strongly recommend you to read Dr. Mercola’s pamphlet on toxins in the water.
The harmful toxins detected in many examples of Western tap water (varies from area to area):
- Hexavalent Chromium: 75% of drinking water in America is contaminated with cancer-causing hexavalent chromium (also known as chromium-6).
- Toxic Sodium Fluoride: an untested, toxic type of fluoride used in US tap water and many areas of UK tap water, here’s the case against fluoride. Check out the Fluoride Action Network for more information.
- Chlorine: used to sterilize water and kill harmful bacteria, by not taking it back out of the water supply the Chlorine is damaging us instead. Linked to many health problems, damages gut flora, causes widespread cellular damage, is carcinogenic.
- Arsenic: an extremely carcinogenic chemical element linked to many health problems, causes brain damage, present in many samples of Western tap water.
- Pharmaceuticals: various pharma drugs are in the tap water in trace amounts, this poses a significant health risk. Psychiatric, cholesterol, asthma, epilepsy, heart and pain drugs as well as antibiotics are showing up in many water supplies. The combined health effects of ingestion over time are not known.
- Radioactive contaminants: in 13 US cities, radioactive iodine-131 was detected. In some other US cities, radioactive cesium and tellurium isotopes have also been detected at low levels – carcinogenic.
- Lead, Aluminum & Heavy Metals: lead consumption has been linked to severe developmental delays and learning disorders in children. Aluminum and other heavy metals have been linked to nerve, brain and kidney damage. Present in trace amounts in many examples of Western tap water.
- Estrogens and hormones: devastating metalloestrogens and chemical estrogens are in the tap water — many of the toxins listed have a negative biochemical effect on the body.
- Phthalates: these are toxic chemicals found in plastics. Carcinogenic and to blame for negative effects on thyroid health which, in turn, affects hormones, weight, and mood.
- Mercury: in some examples of tap water mercury has been found in trace amounts, this is an extremely toxic heavy metal that can cause brain damage, blindness, nerve damage, and cognitive impairment among many other negative effects.
- Dioxins: an extremely toxic substance that can negatively affect the immune, nervous, endocrine, and reproductive systems. Highly carcinogenic.
- Pesticides/Herbicides: DDT, HCB, Dacthal, Metaldehyde and other trace amounts of toxic herbicides, pesticides, and insecticides have been found in water supplies.
One technology, reverse osmosis, removes virtually all known contaminants. But the trouble with RO systems is that they can be quite expensive, plus maintenance and installation costs. And they typically waste four gallons of water for every clean gallon they produce. Check out AquaTru reverse osmosis filters, or try Aqualiv filters.
Stock up on water from natural springs.
A stream, spring, or well are among the best sources of fresh, clean water you can get.
Fresh spring water obtained directly from an uncontaminated source and stored in glass may in fact be the best water for human consumption. Spring water is naturally filtered, rich in natural minerals and is known to have incredible healing properties. If you’re interested in exploring the possibility of collecting your own spring water, there is a website called FindASpring.com that can help you locate a spring near you.
Unfortunately though, for most people, collecting spring water on a regular basis (or using bottled water exclusively) is not a practical solution. Well water, which often requires some treatment, is an option for some people, but most of us live in areas where we are pretty much forced to rely on the municipal water distribution system for our drinking, cooking, cleaning and bathing needs.
Rainwater collection is one of the best, even if unreliable, way to obtain truly clean water. You will need to mineralize it however, and also ensure the rainwater collected remains as sterile as possible throughout the time you use it.
I recommend you collect rainwater while also using a reverse osmosis filter to cover you during times of low rainfall.
Moving to an area of higher rainfall such as a valley may mean you can entirely subsist on harvested rainwater.
Remember to remineralize your water.
Reverse osmosis, just like rainwater, is stripped of essential trace minerals – water that is too pure will have an adverse effect on the body – low-mineral water is responsible for an increased elimination of minerals from the body.
Cut back on your use of tap water, try to only use tap water for drinking, kettle use, and cooking if it has been through a reverse osmosis filter, or if you can source it from rainwater or a spring – that’s even better.
By doing this you avoid consuming a cocktail of toxic chemicals and synthetic hormones that play a significant role in many unpleasant auto-immune diseases (including cancer), hormone disruption, and early puberty to name but a few conditions.